|1 box (340 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Spaghetti|
|1/4 cup (60 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1/2 cup (125 mL)||packed parsley|
|1 cup (250 mL)||packed fresh basil|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||lemon zest|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||toasted pine nuts|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||grated Parmesan cheese|
|2/3 cup (160 mL)||fresh or frozen fava beans|
|1/4 cup (60 g)||goat’s cheese|
|salt and pepper|
- Bring a large pot of water seasoned with 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Cook fava beans in boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer fava beans to a colander, rinse under cold water. Cook Italpasta Gluten Free Spaghetti in boiling water until al dente, 6-8 minutes. Drain and reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- In a food processor combine parsley, basil, garlic, lemon zest, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and cooked fava beans; season with salt and pepper and pulse until blended. Drizzle in extra virgin olive oil with the motor running, blend until almost smooth.
- In a large bowl toss the pasta, pasta water and pesto. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. To serve, sprinkle pasta with goat’s cheese.
Calories per serving 469, Fat 22.5 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Sodium 689 mg, Carbohydrates 55 g, Fibre 2.5 g, Sugar 0.3 g, Protein 13.2 g
- Fava beans are a member of the legume family and are high in protein, fibre and vitamin C.
- One serving contains 19% of the %DV of Calcium.
- One serving contains 21% of the %DV of Vitamin C.