|1 box (340 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Fusilli|
|½ head||cauliflower, cut into very small florets|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||unsalted butter|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||gluten free all purpose flour|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||Dijon mustard|
|2 cups (500 mL)||2% milk|
|1½ cups (375 mL)||shredded part skim mozzarella cheese|
|salt and pepper|
- Cook Italpasta Gluten Free Fusilli and cauliflower in a large pot of boiling salted water for 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Return the pot to the stove and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Stir in Dijon mustard and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat and slowly whisk in mozzarella cheese. Continue to cook until slightly thickened, and cheese is melted.
- Fold pasta and cauliflower into cheese sauce and stir to coat. Taste and adjust salt and pepper seasoning. Serve alongside a green salad.
Calories per serving 669, Fat 23 g, Cholesterol 79.5 mg, Sodium 741 mg, Carbohydrates 84 g, Fibre 3 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 27 g
- Cauliflower is an excellent source of Vitamin C, K, and antioxidants.
- Gluten free all purpose flour is an excellent source of protein.