|1 box (200 g)||Italpasta Prepared Macaroni and Cheese-Original|
|1 lb (500 g)||lean ground beef|
|1/4 cup (60 mL)||fresh or dried bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup (60 mL)||cooked chopped onions|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||Dijon mustard|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2 tsp (2 mL)||each salt and pepper|
|1/2 cup (125 mL)||mayonnaise|
|1||canned chipotle in adobo sauce, minced|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||adobo sauce|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||lemon juice|
|6||leaves iceberg lettuce, halved|
|1/2||ripe avocado, thinly sliced|
|3||slices red onion, separated into rings|
- Cook Macaroni and Cheese according to package directions. Spread into 8-inch (2 L) glass baking dish and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes or until cool.
- In large bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, onions, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; form into 12 patties.
- Press indent into each patty. Scoop 1 tbsp (15 mL) cooled macaroni and cheese and press into centre of each patty. Bring up ground beef to enclose completely.
- Heat grill to medium heat; grease grates well. Grill sliders for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well grill-marked and internal temperature of beef reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Meanwhile, mix together mayonnaise, minced chipotle, adobo sauce and lemon juice.
- Spread about 1 tbsp (15 mL) Chipotle Mayonnaise over bottom of each bun. Top with lettuce, patty, avocado, tomato and red onion ring.
Tip: Save leftover macaroni and cheese for another use.
Tip: Cover and refrigerate patties for up to 8 hours before grilling.
Per 1 slider
Calories 270, Fat 15g, Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 500mg, Carbohydrate 22g, Fibre 2g, Sugars 3g, Protein 13g