|1 box (350 mL)||Italpasta Total Pasta Penne Rigate|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 cans (160 g)||Italpasta Tuna in Olive Oil, drained|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||capers, drained and rinsed|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||minced red onion|
|1 jar (680 mL)||Italpasta Arrabbiata sauce|
|freshly chopped parsley for garnish|
|salt and pepper|
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and capers and cook for 8-10 minutes until softened. Stir in tuna and Italpasta Arrabbiata sauce. Simmer sauce for 5 minutes.
- Reserve ¼ cup pasta water and drain pasta. Stir pasta and pasta water into the sauce. Cook over high heat for 1 minute. Fold in parsley.
Calories per serving 432, Fat 16 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 573 mg, Carbohydrates 81 g, Fibre 7 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 23 g
- Italpasta Total pasta is an excellent source of Dietary Fibre.
- Capers are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids.