|1 box (340 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Penne Rigate|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|½ cup (125 mL)||chopped parsley|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||Italpasta White Wine Vinegar|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||chopped basil|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||toasted walnuts|
|pinch chili flakes|
|1 cup (250 mL)||diced red peppers|
|2||zucchinis, halved and sliced|
|1 cup (250 mL)||cherry tomatoes|
|2||Japanese eggplants, halved and sliced|
|salt and pepper|
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat. Toss red pepper, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and eggplant with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper in a grill basket. Arrange basket on the grill and cook until charred and softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 6-8 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, purée parsley, basil, white wine vinegar, garlic, walnuts, chili flakes and season with salt and pepper. With the motor running drizzle in remaining olive oil.
- In a large bowl toss together cooked pasta, grilled vegetables and pesto dressing, serve warm or room temperature.
Calories per serving 265, Fat: 10 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 29 mg, Carbohydrates: 43 g, Fibre: 5 g, Sugar: 5 g, Protein: 8 g
- Eggplant is an excellent source of Vitamin K, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Potassium and Manganese
- Walnuts are very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. They are also a good source of Copper, and Manganese.