Asian Black Bean Sauce & Lobster Vermicelli
A twist on a traditional Chinese Lobster dish, this stir fry features fresh lobster, garlic, ginger and chilies for a slightly spicy sauce, which makes for a flavourful comfort food.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Tradizionale Vermicelli
- 1.5 lb steamed whole lobster
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp black bean sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 inch fresh ginger, cut in thin match sticks
- 1/2 tsp Asian ground fresh chili paste (Sambai Oelek)
- 2 tbsp Tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup seafood broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta al dente as per package directions.
- To prep lobster, twist off tail and claws including joints. Remove head of lobster from tail and discard. Halve tail lengthwise through shell with a cleaver or large heavy knife. Work-ing with one claw at a time, wrap claws with joints in a kitchen towel and twist off claws from joints. Unwrap claws, then crack joints with a mallet or back of a large heavy knife. Transfer lobster pieces (claws, joints and halved lobster tail to a bowl, keeping meat in shells.
- Heat sesame oil in a large wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, chili paste and black bean. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until garlic and ginger have softened.
- Mix in all lobster pieces and Tamari sauce and stir well.
- Stir in dry sherry and then add in seafood broth.
- Dilute cornstarch in water and pour into wok.
- Add oyster sauce, sugar and mix. Continue cooking until sauce has thickened slightly, about 1 minute.
- Toss in vermicelli and garnish with sliced scallions.