Asparagus and Spinach Wholesome Grains Rotini
A delicious medley of all green vegetables and high fibre rotini - the perfect #MeatlessMonday combination.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 7 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Wholesome Grains Rotini
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot / small onion, chopped
- 2 cup baby spinach, packed
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli floret(s)
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook rotini according to package directions. Add the asparagus and broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/4 cup (60 mL) pasta water; drain well.
- Place onion, spinach and oil in a blender; purée until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add cooked rotini, pasta water, asparagus, broccoli, peas, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until heated through. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.