Asparagus, Arugula, and Spring Onion Gluten Free Pasta Salad with a Garlicky Lemon Tahini Dressing and Crispy Chickpea Crumble
A delicious gluten free pasta salad that everyone can enjoy! Featuring local in-season flavours, a tangy garlicky lemon tahini dressing and finished with shaved asparagus, this plant-based dish will be the talk of the dinner table.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 340 g Italpasta Gluten Free Fusilli
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 540 ml can of chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, freshly ground
To Make Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and dry by blotting them with a paper towel.
- Remove any loose skin.
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas with the oil and salt.
- Spread on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until lightly golden and crisp. Check in towards the last 5 minutes to avoid burning.
- Remove chickpeas from oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled, blend in a food processor for approximately 30 seconds. For any leftover, you can place in an air tight container and store in the refrigerator.
To Make Pasta
- Cook as per package directions al dente or until desired tenderness. Drain and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil and let cool.
To Make Dressing
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until creamy. Set aside until ready to use.
To Assemble Salad
- Using a sharp vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus lengthwise into paper-thin ribbons and slice the spear heads in half.
- In a large bowl, add pasta, asparagus, arugula and spring onions. Toss with 1 cup of tahini dressing and top with 1/2 cup of chickpea crumble.