Baked Cannelloni Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Spinach and Pepperoncini
With a filling of spicy pickled pepperoncini and rich goat cheese, this baked pasta makes a tasty holiday dinner.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 18 shells Italpasta Oven Ready Cannelloni
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar Italpasta Strained Tomatoes - Passata Classica
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 12 oz baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 10 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Pickled Pepperoncini, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped, divided
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated, divided
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook thyme and garlic for about 1 minute or until softened. Add spinach, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until wilted; let cool completely. Squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Whisk together strained tomatoes and cream; spread 1/4 of sauce mixture into bottom of greased baking dish. Set aside.
- In food processor, pulse spinach mixture, goat cheese, pepperoncini and half of the basil until combined. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) of Parmesan cheese. Spoon into piping bag.
- Pipe filling into each end of the cannelloni shells to fill; arrange in single layer in prepared baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cannelloni are tender and sauce is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil.