BBQ Skillet Lemon & Garlic Shrimp Linguine with Fresh Mint
Fire up your grill and chill the white wine, as this summer pasta is the perfect recipe to enjoy alfresco. With garlic season and fresh herb season upon us, this citrus pasta is full of flavour, yet very light. The perfect combination to enjoy on those hot summer nights.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 4 people
- 425 g Italpasta Tradizionale linguine
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 lemon, 1/4 inch slices plus juices of remaining half
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta al dente as per package directions.
- Place a large deep cast iron skillet on the preheated grill. Melt oil and butter, add garlic, chili flakes and sauté for 1-2 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add lemon slices and continue cooking for an additional minute until softened.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes until shrimp have cooked through and just turned opaque in colour. Do not overcook shrimp as you don’t want to dry them out.
- Pour in the wine and sauté for an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add linguine and remaining lemon juice and toss well.
- Top with extra chili flakes, fresh mint and some extra virgin olive oil.
Calories: 630kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 220mg | Sodium: 880mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g