Bean Fajita Bucatini
Add this Tex Mex inspired pasta to your dinner repertoire for a delicious and satisfying meal any night of the week.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 6 oz Italpasta Tradizionale Bucatini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup canned mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, each
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 avocado, ripe, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 lime wedges
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and reserve 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook beans, onion, red pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened. Stir in spinach; cook for about 1 minute or until starting to wilt.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid and diced tomatoes to skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until pasta is well coated and tomatoes are heated through.
- Divide between 4 plates. Top with avocado and feta. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.