Blistered Tomato & Marinated Mozzarella Pasta
This easy gluten-free pasta inspired by the flavours of a Caprese – with broiled blistered tomatoes and basil-marinated mozzarella – is a crowd-pleasing dish that everyone will love.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Fusilli
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil, thinly sliced, divided
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Preheat broiler. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, stir together 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, half of the basil, vinegar, garlic, half of the salt, and pepper; add mozzarella, tossing until well coated. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, toss together cherry tomatoes, and remaining olive oil and salt. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until skins are blistered and tomatoes are tender; set aside.
- In bowl, toss pasta with broiled tomatoes until well coated. Stir in marinated mozzarella. Sprinkle with pine nuts and remaining basil.