Blistered Tomato & Marinated Mozzarella Pasta
This easy gluten-free pasta inspired by the flavours of a Caprese – with broiled blistered tomatoes and basil-marinated mozzarella – is a crowd-pleasing dish that everyone will love.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Fusilli
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil, thinly sliced, divided
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Preheat broiler. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, stir together 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, half of the basil, vinegar, garlic, half of the salt, and pepper; add mozzarella, tossing until well coated. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, toss together cherry tomatoes, and remaining olive oil and salt. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until skins are blistered and tomatoes are tender; set aside.
- In bowl, toss pasta with broiled tomatoes until well coated. Stir in marinated mozzarella. Sprinkle with pine nuts and remaining basil.
Substitute red wine vinegar with balsamic vinegar or glaze if preferred.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 630mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g