Bucatini’s shape offers delicious texture to this classic carbonara recipe. Best of all, this dish focuses on staple ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Bucatini
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 egg
- 2 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Prepare bucatini according to package directions; add peas in the last minute of cooking. Reserve 2/3 cup pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs with egg yolks, cheese, salt and pepper until well combined. Add hot pasta, peas and reserved pasta water. Stir in bacon and parsley. Serve immediately.