Cajun Spiced Trout with Garlicky Chard Pasta
With whole grains, fish and fresh greens, this pasta dish is loaded with healthy ingredients.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Total Penne Rigate
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small Rainbow Trout Fillets, 6 oz / 170 g each
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard, discard stems, chopped leaves
- 5 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 onion (green), finely sliced
- 1 lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, brush trout fillets with 1/3 of the olive oil and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Bake on parchment paper–lined baking sheet for 9 to 10 minutes or until fish is just starting to flake.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook Swiss chard, garlic, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes or until greens are wilted.
- Toss together Swiss chard mixture, pasta, reserved cooking liquid and lime juice; divide among 4 plates. Top with trout and sprinkle with green onions. Serve with lime wedges.