Serves 12 people
Caramelized Onion, Kale and Sausage Lasagna
- 12 sheets Italpasta Lasagne
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cup tomato basil sauce
- 2 cup kale, stemmed, shredded
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease glass baking dish; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; cook onions and thyme for 20 to 25 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown. Crumble sausages; add to pan along with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 or 6 minutes or until sausage is golden brown; drain fat. Add tomato sauce and reserved cooking liquid; bring to simmer. Stir in kale.
- Spread 1/4 of the sauce over bottom of prepared dish. Layer 3 lasagna noodles and one quarter each of the remaining sauce, goat cheese and mozzarella over top. Repeat layering three more times, ending with mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes; remove foil and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 15gFat: 15gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 970mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5g