Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 1/2 baguette
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg (450 g pkg) Italpasta Artisan Spaghetti
- 1/2 pkg bacon, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh sage, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut baguette into cubes; pulse in food processor until coarsely ground. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook bread crumbs, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown all over. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet set over medium-low heat, cook bacon for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel; reserve skillet and bacon fat.
- Add cauliflower and shallots to same skillet. Increase heat to medium; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in sage, garlic and chili pepper flakes; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until cauliflower is golden and caramelized. Add heavy cream; simmer for 2 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Toss cauliflower mixture with pasta and reserved cooking liquid. Stir in Parmesan, reserved bacon and lemon juice; toss until pasta is well coated. Divide among 6 plates. Top with toasted bread crumbs.