Chicken Parmesan Manicotti
Comforting yet elegant, this dish is perfect served to family on weeknights or to guests when entertaining. This manicotti can also double as a main or appetizer meal solution.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 1 box Italpasta Manicotti
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can original pasta sauce
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cook manicotti according to package directions; drain and let cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and onion is softened. Remove skillet from heat; let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Meanwhile, combine cooled chicken mixture, ricotta, 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese, 2/3 of the Parmesan, 3/4 of the basil, and parsley. Fill manicotti evenly with chicken and cheese mixture.
- Spread 1/3 of the pasta sauce in bottom of baking dish. Arrange manicotti in single layer in baking dish. Top with remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella; bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until manicotti are tender and sauce is bubbling around edges.
- Preheat oven to broil. Combine bread crumbs with remaining Parmesan; sprinkle over top of manicotti. Broil for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes; garnish with remaining basil before serving.