Chicken Parmesan Manicotti
Comforting yet elegant, this dish is perfect served to family on weeknights or to guests when entertaining. This manicotti can also double as a main or appetizer meal solution.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 1 box Italpasta Manicotti (225 g)
- 1 tbsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can Italpasta Original Pasta Sauce (680 ml)
- 1 lb Lean Ground Chicken
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 3/4 cup2 Ricotta
- 1 1/2 cup2 Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Bread Crumbs
- Cook manicotti according to package directions; drain and let cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and onion is softened. Remove skillet from heat; let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Meanwhile, combine cooled chicken mixture, ricotta, 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese, 2/3 of the Parmesan, 3/4 of the basil, and parsley. Fill manicotti evenly with chicken and cheese mixture.
- Spread 1/3 of the pasta sauce in bottom of baking dish. Arrange manicotti in single layer in baking dish. Top with remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella; bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until manicotti are tender and sauce is bubbling around edges.
- Preheat oven to broil. Combine bread crumbs with remaining Parmesan; sprinkle over top of manicotti. Broil for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes; garnish with remaining basil before serving.