Crab Pasta Shell Gratin
Cheesy, golden, and delicious – this gratin is rich and decadent with a flavourful mixture of cheese, Pasta Shells and crab meat. It’s a perfect dish for a winter meal or holiday gathering.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 340 g Italpasta Large Pasta Shells, (Approximately 1/3 of 900g bag)
- 1 cup shredded aged white Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup grated Gruyère cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups 35% whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups flaked crab meat
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- In large pot of boiling salted water set over medium-high heat, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine Cheddar, Gruyère and Parmesan. Reserve 1 cup (250 mL); set aside.
- In large skillet set over medium-heat, bring cream and garlic to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in cheese mixture until melted; stir in crab meat, half of the chives, salt and pepper. Toss with pasta.
- Preheat broiler to High. Transfer pasta mixture to greased 9-inch (23 cm) square glass baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Top with remaining chives.