Creamy Bacon and Leek Total Spaghettini
A classic combination of bacon and leeks adds a rich and comforting flavour to this high fibre main.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 box Italpasta Total Spaghettini
- 1 tsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, halved and sliced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 cup brick cream cheese
- 2 cup chicken stock (low sodium)
- 2 tbsp chives, freshly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until just crisp, about 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in garlic, leek, lemon zest and thyme; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in chicken stock until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghettini in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 3 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta water and drain pasta.
- Increase skillet heat to high. Stir in pasta water and pasta; season with salt and pepper. To serve, stir in freshly chopped chives.