Creamy Gluten Free Crispy Mushroom Penne
This creamy and lemony pasta with mushrooms and fresh herbs delivers a restaurant-worthy dish that’s easy to make at home.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Penne Rigate
- ⅓ cup butter, divided
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme, divided
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- ¾ tsp pepper, divided
- ¾ cup 35% whipping cream
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter and oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, shallots, garlic, 1 tbsp (15 mL) each parsley and chives, ½ tbsp (7 mL) thyme, and ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and crispy. Transfer half of the mixture to small bowl; reserve and set aside.
- Add hot pasta and cream to skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cream is slightly thickened and pasta is well coated. Meanwhile, cut remaining butter into cubes.
- Reduce heat to low; stir cubes of butter, ⅓ cup (75 mL) Parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, and remaining parsley, thyme, salt and pepper into skillet.
- Divide among 4 serving dishes. Top with reserved crispy mushroom mixture. Garnish with remaining Parmesan and chives.