Creamy Prosciutto and Wild Mushroom Gemelli
- 12 oz Italpasta Artisan Gemelli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb mixed wild mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz prosciutto, chopped
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram, divided
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In large pot of boiling salted water set over medium-high heat, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ⅓ cup (75 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; sauté mushrooms, prosciutto, shallots, garlic, rosemary, and 1 tsp (5 mL) marjoram for 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and tender.
- Stir in wine; cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in cream; reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3 to 6 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with pasta and reserved cooking liquid. Garnish with Parmesan and remaining marjoram. Serve immediately.
- Any leftover mushroom stems can be chopped and fried with herbs, shallots, garlic, and panko crumbs (if desired), until crisp, then sprinkled over top for added crunch.
- Make a festive sangria with leftover red wine and any leftover herbs.
Calories: 570kcalCarbohydrates: 80gProtein: 22gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 910mgFiber: 5gSugar: 7g