Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Scoobi Do
A perfect comfort food to cozy up with as the days get cooler and also the perfect way to use up all the pumpkins during the fall harvest months. The pumpkin gives this luscious pasta a lovely hint of sweetness. That perfectly fragrant roasted pumpkin along with the garlic and thyme form the flavour base for this rich and creamy sauce. It’s sure to be a Fall favourite.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 pkg Italpasta Scoobi Do Pasta (450 g)
- 1/5 cup Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lb Pumpkin (or Squash), peeled, seeds and stringy pulp removed, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsps Thyme Leaves, stems removed
- 1/8 cup Heavy Cooking Cream
- 1/2 cup Hot Chicken Stock
- Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional), shaved or grated to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Put the pumpkin, garlic, thyme leaves and olive oil in a bowl and toss together. Season with salt, transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and cook for 30 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and return to the pot. Toss through the remaining oil and keep warm.
- Place the pumpkin and cream in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Drizzle in the hot stock and process until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and gently toss through the pasta.
- Serve immediately with parmesan and extra thyme leaves. Drizzle in a little more hot chicken stock if needed to dilute the sauce a little as it thickens quite quickly.