Creamy Sundried Tomato and Chicken Penne with Broccoli
This delicious and creamy high-fibre pasta is packed with lean protein from chicken breast and fat free Greek yogurt. For an extra crunchy topping, broil this pasta with breadcrumbs sprinkled on top.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Wholesome Grains Penne Rigate
- 2 cup Italpasta Strained Tomatoes – Passata Classica
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Italpasta Tomato Paste
- 1 broccoli floret(s), cut in 1-inch florets
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1 shallot / small onion, small onion
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat the broiler to high and position the rack to the center of the oven. Cook penne according to package directions. Add broccoli florets during the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain well. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet set over medium heat. Add chicken and season with 1/2 of the salt and pepper (use the rest to taste). Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown all over. Stir in onions, sundried tomatoes and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions have softened.
- Stir in the tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Stir in strained tomatoes and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Toss with cooked penne and broccoli. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in yogurt. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbling and golden brown.