Easy Prep Pasta Bake
- 1 lb Italpasta Spaghetti
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 can Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 jar strained and puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Add spaghetti to greased 13 x 9-inch (33 by 23cm) baking dish. Sprinkle onion, garlic, salt, black pepper and hot pepper flakes over top. Pour in chopped tomatoes, puréed tomatoes and 3 cups (750 mL) water. Drizzle with oil. Using tongs, stir to combine. Cover baking dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until pasta has absorbed most of the liquid. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until pasta is al dente and cheeses have melted. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with basil.
Tip: Jazz up pasta with olives, chopped artichokes, diced pepperoni or chopped roasted red pepper slices if desired.
Calories: 500kcalCarbohydrates: 71gProtein: 23gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 2910mgFiber: 6gSugar: 10g