Gemelli with Gorgonzola Cream and Walnuts
A rich and robust cream sauce is the ultimate comfort food and, unlike so many traditional comfort foods, this dish comes together easily, making it the perfect weeknight indulgence.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Selezione di Bronzo Gemelli
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 1353, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 6 oz Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook shallots for about 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Pour in cream and broth; bring to boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Whisk in Gorgonzola, Parmesan and pepper; simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened enough to coat back of spoon.
- Meanwhile, cook gemelli according to package directions; drain well. Stir into sauce along with 2/3 of the chopped walnuts. Toss until heated through and well coated. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining walnuts. Garnish with additional Parmesan. Serve immediately.