Gemelli with Gorgonzola Cream and Walnuts
A rich and robust cream sauce is the ultimate comfort food and, unlike so many traditional comfort foods, this dish comes together easily, making it the perfect weeknight indulgence.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 12 oz Italpasta Artisan Gemelli
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 6 oz Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook shallots and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in cream and broth. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Whisk in Gorgonzola, Parmesan and pepper; simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Cook gemelli according to package directions; drain well. Stir into sauce along with 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts. Sprinkle with parsley.