Gluten Free Fusilli with Walnut Lemon Ricotta Sauce and Peas
The nutty undertones and fresh lemon of the cream sauce makes this a simple, yet elegant pasta dish for two.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- Place half of the toasted walnuts in a mini food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the ricotta and pulse again until smooth and set aside.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to boil and cook the fusilli until just under al dente, following package instructions. Reserve 3/8 cup (90 ml) of pasta water, then drain.
- In a medium sized skillet, add olive oil, garlic and thyme and sauté on medium heat for 1 minute or until garlic and thyme are fragrant.
- Add the walnut and ricotta mixture, salt and 3/4 of the pasta water and bring to a simmer to heat through.
- Add cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, and lemon zest and toss well to coat.
- Next add the lemon juice and peas, toss and simmer for a couple of minutes until peas are heated through adding more pasta water if needed to thin out sauce.
- Roughly chop remaining toasted walnuts and sprinkle over pasta. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley.