Gluten Free Garam Masala Butternut Squash & Spinach Lasagna Pots
This Indian twist on traditional lasagna is packed with flavour, vegetables, warm spices and made with Italpasta Gluten Free Lasagna – a delicious gluten free alternative. Served in individual mini pots, makes this dish, fun and elegant to serve.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Lasagne
- 2 cans Italpasta Whole Peeled Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsps Ghee (clarified butter)
- 3 cloves garlic (large cloves), minced
- 1 sweet onion (large), diced
- 6 cups butternut squash, 1/4 inch cubed
- 2 tbsps garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin, grounded
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, fresh, grated
- 1 fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat ghee in a large pot over medium heat. Add minced garlic, onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add squash, garam masala, cumin and sauté for 4-5 minutes until squash has slightly softened.
- Add spinach and sauté another 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and their juices and season with salt if using. Cook for 5 additional minutes for the flavours to infuse the sauce.
- Have four 5 inch wide and 3 inch deep oven safe dishes on a large baking sheet.
- Carefully break each lasagna noodle in half.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop sauce on the bottom of each dish. Place two halves of lasagna noodles in each dish on top of sauce. Repeat layering until sauce and noodles have been used up, ensuring you end with sauce on top.
- Drizzle top of each dish with a 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
- Tent with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 35- 40 minutes until sauce is bubbling and lasagna noodles have softened.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes for cheese to golden.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves if using.