Gluten Free Spaghetti Frittata
Gluten Free Spaghetti Frittata is an unexpected twist on the classic Italian brunch recipe. This protein packed meal is a delicious way to use up leftover pasta and perfect from breakfast to dinner!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 3 cups Italpasta Gluten Free Spaghetti, cooked, drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot / small onion
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 8 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the broiler to high. In an 8-inch oven safe skillet, melt butter and oil until frothy over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant and soft. Add spaghetti and spread evenly in the skillet.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat together eggs, milk, goat’s cheese, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over spaghetti and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook covered until almost set, about 25 minutes.
- When the frittata is mostly set, but the center is slightly runny, transfer the skillet onto an oven rack set 6 inches from the broiler. Broil until the top is golden and the frittata is completely cooked, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let the frittata rest for 10 minutes. To serve, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet. Carefully release the frittata and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into wedges to serve.