Gluten Free Vegan Lentil Bolognese
We’ve put a gluten free and vegan spin on this classic Italian staple – and the results are delicious!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bottle Italpasta Strained Tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot(s), finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat oil in large, heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium heat; add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and smoked paprika. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in lentils; cook for about 2 minutes or until well coated. Stir in strained tomatoes. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, during last 10 minutes of cooking time for sauce, cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain well, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) pasta water. Toss spaghetti with sauce, reserved pasta water and parsley.