Gluten Free Veggie-Loaded Mac ‘N Cheese
This recipe is far more colourful than the classic version, thanks to the addition of butternut squash and carrots.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Elbows (340 g)
- 1/4 cup Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cup Butternut Squash, chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 cup Milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200C). Grease baking dish; set aside.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook squash, carrots and garlic cloves for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook macaroni in separate pot of boiling salted water according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid.
- In food processor or blender, purée cooked vegetables, reserved cooking liquid, milk, oil, salt, pepper, mustard powder and nutmeg until smooth. Stir in 2/3 of the Cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Toss pasta with vegetable sauce; spread evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.