Grilled Vegetable and Tahini Pasta Salad
Serve this pasta salad, inspired from the flavours of the Middle East, as a fresh and flavourful meatless main dish. It also makes a great addition to barbecues and potluck dinners.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Total Penne
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini (yellow), sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini (green), sliced lengthwise
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 1 onion (red), sliced into 1/4 rounds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Tahini Paste
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin, grounded
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, finely crumbled
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse under cold water and drain.
- Brush yellow zucchini, green zucchini, red pepper and onion with 1/2 of the olive oil; season with 1/2 of each of the salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Grill vegetables, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until grill-marked and tender. Let cool slightly and slice.
- Whisk together lemon juice, tahini paste and water (1/2 tbsp per serving) until smooth. Stir in remaining oil, garlic, cumin, cayenne and remaining salt and pepper.
- Toss together pasta, tahini dressing, grilled vegetables, parsley, cilantro and dill. Stir in feta cheese.
Substitute goat cheese for feta cheese, if desired.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 300mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g