Honey-Glazed Scallop Gemelli with Lemon Cream Sauce (Dairy Free!)
Light the candles, open a bottle of wine, and embrace the romance with this elegant yet approachable Valentine’s Day–inspired dinner. With seared sea scallops, freshly cooked Artisan Gemelli, and a creamy leek and almond milk sauce, this recipe is a perfect splurge for a special date-night dinner at home.
Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 12 oz Italpasta Artisan Gemelli
- 6 large scallops, patted dry
- 1¼ salt, divided
- 1¼ pepper, divided
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 small leek, rinsed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tbsp grated dairy-free cheese
- lemon wedges, for serving
- In large pot of boiling, salted water set over medium-high heat, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, season scallops with ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt, ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper, and paprika. Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook scallops, flat side down, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden and crisp. Transfer to plate. Drizzle with honey; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook leek, shallots and garlic for about 3 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add almond milk, tomatoes, lemon juice, lemon zest and remaining salt and pepper; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) parsley. Toss with pasta.
- Transfer pasta to plates; top with seared scallops. Sprinkle with non-dairy cheese and remaining parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.