Italpasta Classic Minestrone
This comforting classic is a hearty soup perfect for cold weather. Try doubling this recipe so you can pack leftovers in lunches.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 55 mins
- 1/2 pkg Italpasta Ditali
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 8 cup chicken or vegetable broth (no salt added)
- 1 can kidney beans (low sodium)
- 6 cup baby spinach
- 1 bay leaves
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomato paste; cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in broth and diced tomatoes; add kidney beans and bay leaf. Simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and soup is thickened. Stir in ditali and spinach; cook for 10 minutes or until shells are tender and spinach has wilted. Adjust seasoning to taste. Discard bay leaf. Serve with Swiss chard microgreens or Parmesan cheese.