Serves 4 people
Italpasta Lemon & Orzo Soup
- 1 cup Italpasta Orzo
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp each lemon zest and dried basil
- Cook onion, carrot and garlic in oil over medium heat. Stir in broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Add orzo, chicken and basil; simmer for 6 minutes until tender. Stir in lemon juice and zest; simmer for 2 minutes.