Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1/2 pkg (350 g pkg) bacon
- 1/2 loaf crusty bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 3/4 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 bunches shredded kale, about 6 cups
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Arrange bacon slices in single layer on baking sheet; bake, checking often, for 10 to 12 minutes or until bacon is crispy and golden brown. Drain bacon on paper towel; tear into pieces. Reserve baking sheet with bacon drippings.
- Toss bread cubes with bacon drippings, half of the garlic, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and pepper on reserved baking sheet until well coated. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and toasted.
- Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, remaining garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Whisk in oil and 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan cheese.
- Toss kale and parsley leaves with 1/3 cup (75 mL) dressing until lightly coated. Transfer remaining dressing to small serving bowl. Arrange salad, croutons, bacon, remaining Parmesan and remaining dressing on serving platter in deconstructed-style plating, laying out ingredients separately so that guests can build their own salad. Sprinkle each serving with lemon zest.