Key Lime Tartlets
Brace yourself for these sweet and tart bundles cradled in lasagne “crusts” and topped with airy whipped cream. Those who sample a tartlet will never have just one!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 8 oz Italpasta Lasgne, (9 Noodles)
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed milk, (1 can)
- 1 tsp Freshly Grated Lime Zest
- 3/4 cup Heavy or Whipping (35%) Cream
- 2 tbsp Confectioners’ (icing) Sugar
- 1 Lime, Thinly sliced into 6 rounds, and halved
- Preheatoven to 375°F (190°C). Cut out twelve 4-inch (10 cm) parchment paper squares and grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Cook lasagne noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Cut noodles into 3-inch (7.5 cm) squares. Overlap 2 noodle squares and press into muffin cups. Spray with more cooking spray, top each with a parchment square and weigh down with pie weights.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges start to brown. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes or until room temperature.
- In large bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat egg yolks, condensed milk, lime zest and lime juice until smooth and blended. Spoon batter into lasagne cups.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until custard has set. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes or until room temperature.
- In medium bowl, using handheld electric mixer with clean beaters, beat cream and confectioners’ sugar until soft peaksform.
- Top tarts with whipped cream and lime slice.