Lobster Spaghetti Rosée
- 6 oz Italpasta Tradizionale spaghetti
- 1 cup Classico di Lombardia Rosee Pasta Sauce
- 2 lobster tails
- 1 cup seafood broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 roasted red pepper, drained well
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain well.
- Remove lobster meat from shells and chop into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces; set aside. Pound shells into smaller pieces with meat mallet.
- Combine broth, wine and lobster shells in saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup (250 mL). Strain to remove shells.
- In food processor or blender, purée red peppers, almonds, olive oil, lemon juice and smoked paprika; set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook shallot, thyme and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in seafood broth; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly reduced further. Stir in Rosée Pasta Sauce, spinach and lobster meat; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until lobster meat is cooked through and sauce is thickened slightly.
- Add pasta, salt and pepper to skillet; toss until pasta is well coated and sauce clings to pasta.
- Spoon red pepper mixture onto each plate; swipe with back of spoon. Arrange pasta on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan and chives.
- Save time by picking up jarred roasted red peppers in the grocery store.
- Substitute fish stock, clam juice or chicken broth for seafood broth.
- If desired, use cooked lobster tails – just add lobster meat in the last minute of cooking to reheat gently.
- Serve pasta dish as a main course for two servings or as a starter for four servings.
- To learn more about CLASSICO, head to www.classico.ca
Calories: 870kcalCarbohydrates: 87gProtein: 53gFat: 34gTrans Fat: 34gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 2120mgFiber: 6gSugar: 11g