Macaroni Cups with Seared Shrimp
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Elbows
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, each
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, roasted and chopped
- 12 shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, finely crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and let cool. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook spinach, salt and pepper for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted. Let cool completely.
- Stir together pasta, spinach, eggs, Parmesan, bread crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/4 cup (60 mL) basil and roasted garlic. Spoon evenly into 12 greased muffin cups. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook shrimp for about 3 minutes or until starting to curl and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each macaroni cup with shrimp, sprinkle of lemon juice, goat cheese and remaining basil.
For mini cups, spoon pasta mixture into 24 mini muffin cups and reduce baking time as needed.
Calories: 240kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 12gFat: 9gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 430mgFiber: 1g