Macaroni Cups with Seared Shrimp
Perfect for entertaining, this simple and tasty gluten-free appetizer is one that everyone will love.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Elbows
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, each
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, roasted and chopped
- 12 shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, finely crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and let cool. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook spinach, salt and pepper for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted. Let cool completely.
- Stir together pasta, spinach, eggs, Parmesan, bread crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/4 cup (60 mL) basil and roasted garlic. Spoon evenly into 12 greased muffin cups. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook shrimp for about 3 minutes or until starting to curl and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each macaroni cup with shrimp, sprinkle of lemon juice, goat cheese and remaining basil.