Macaroni with Cauliflower Carbonara
Salty, smoky pancetta is complemented with green onions and fragrant garlic in a rich sauce to coat elbow macaroni. The best part? Dinner is ready in only 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 12 oz Italpasta Artisan Maccheroni
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp pepper, cracked
- 1/2 lb pancetta, cubed
- 2 cup cauliflower florets
- 4 onion (green), chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Whisk together eggs yolks, Parmesan and pepper; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook pancetta for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in cauliflower; cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in green onions and garlic; cook for about 5 minutes.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooking liquid. Stir hot macaroni into cauliflower mixture until well coated. Remove from heat.
- Stir reserved egg yolk mixture into skillet until thickened, adding reserved cooking liquid.