Macaroni with Cauliflower Carbonara
Salty, smoky pancetta is complemented with green onions and fragrant garlic in a rich sauce to coat elbow macaroni. The best part? Dinner is ready in only 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Selezione di Bronzo Maccheroni
- 1 tbsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp pepper, cracked
- 1/2 lb pancetta, cubed
- 2 cup cauliflower florets
- 4 onion (green), chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Whisk together eggs yolks, Parmesan, lemon zest and pepper; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook pancetta for 5 to 7 minutes or until starting to brown around edges. Stir in cauliflower; cook for about 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Stir in green onions and garlic; cook for about 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid. Immediately stir hot macaroni into cauliflower mixture until well coated. Remove from heat.
- Working quickly, stir egg yolk mixture until thickened, adding enough of the reserved cooking liquid as necessary for desired consistency. Sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with additional Parmesan. Serve immediately.