Mini Loaf Maccheroni Carbonara
- 450 g Italpasta Artisan Maccheroni
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb pancetta bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated, extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped, extra for garnish
- Oil an eight mini loaf muffin pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook maccheroni as per package instructions but drain after 5 minutes, reserving half cup of the pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook un-til slightly crisp, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for an addition 2 minutes.
- Season beaten eggs with salt, pepper and mix in the grated Parmigiano.
- Add the bacon mixture to the warm drained pasta and quickly mix in the egg mixture. Stir in the reserved pasta water and fresh chopped parsley.
- Divide maccheroni among the 8 mini loaves and bake for 15 minutes to set.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Gently remove and serve with a garnish of parsley and grated cheese.
Calories: 450kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 20gFat: 22gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 730mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1g