Orzo Pasta with Peas and Feta
- 4 cup Italpasta Tradizionale Orzo
- 2 cup chicken broth (sodium-reduced)
- 2 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup butter, divided and cut into cubes
- 3 shallots, diced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (parsley, basil, and/or tarragon), finely chopped
- In large saucepan, bring chicken broth to boil; cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter in large skillet set over medium-low heat; cook shallots for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Add pasta, peas, reserved cooking liquid, remaining butter, salt and pepper to skillet; toss until pasta is well coated. Stir in feta and herbs.
- For a lemony twist, stir in 1 tbsp (15 ml) freshly grated lemon zest and 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice at the end.
Calories: 310kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 11gFat: 11gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 470mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5g