- 1 can Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes (with juice)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 leftover cooked Italpasta Lasagna noodles, halved lengthwise
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese, halved lengthwise
- 24 fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheatoven to 375°F (190°C).
- In medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, garlic and oil. Spoon 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomatoesmixture into each well of 12-cup muffin pan.
- Place 1 lasagna noodle half on work surface. Layer with 2 pieces mozzarella so pasta is completely covered. Top with 1 torn basil leaf.
- Starting from the short edge, tightly roll up like a jelly roll; secure center of roll with toothpick to hold it together.
- Place roll in muffin cup. Using sharp knife or scissors, carefully cut an “X” intotop of roll about 1/2 inch (1 cm) deep. Spoon 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomatoes mixture overroll to moisten while baking. Using back of ladle, press down to open up pasta“petals” of the rose. Repeat to make 12 pasta roses.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is heated through and cheese has melted. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile,in small saucepan set over medium heat, warm remaining tomato sauce.
- Remove toothpicks from rolls. Drizzle pasta roses with warmed tomato sauce. Garnish each with aremaining basil leaf. Garnish with Parmesan.
Substitute mozzarella with smoked mozzarella or fontina cheese if preferred.
Calories: 530kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 25gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 770mgFiber: 6gSugar: 8g