Penne with Asparagus & Cherry Tomatoes
Ready in minutes, this simple and delicious pasta can be served as a main or side dish.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Tradizionale Penne
- 1/4 cup extra virgina olive oil
- 2 cup asparagus, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable broth (sodium-reduced)
- 2 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, freshly chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook asparagus and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes are well coated.
- Stir in broth; bring to boil. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup (175 mL). Stir in peas; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender and pasta is well coated. Stir in dill.