Roasted Pumpkin, Garlic & Kale Lasagna
This farm-to-table lasagna features in season flavours of pumpkin, roasted garlic, and Tuscan kale. The perfect recipe to celebrate the fall harvest.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Lasagne
- 5 tbsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Italpasta Tomato Paste
- 4 cup pumpkin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1 sweet onion (medium), small diced
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp chilis, dried
- 7 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, chopped with stems and ribs removed
- 270 g Provolone cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pumpkin on baking sheet and toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut top of garlic just enough to expose cloves. Drizzle the exposed cloves with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Wrap with foil and place on baking sheet with pumpkin.
- Roast in oven until pumpkin and garlic have softened, about 30–35 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Reduce oven to 375 F.
- In a food processor, add tomatoes, pumpkin and purée.
- In a large sauce pan, heat remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, oregano and chilis and sauté for 2-3 minutes until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove garlic from skin and place in the pan with onions.
- Add tomato and pumpkin purée to onions and garlic.
- Bring sauce to a boil, add kale and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until kale softens.
- Line the bottom of an 8 ½ x 11 inch baking pan with sauce to avoid noodles from sticking.
- Line bottom of pan with 3 lasagne noodles. Cover with sauce and top with grated provolone cheese. Repeat for remaining layers ensuring you end with sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with provolone and grated Parmigiano cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes and top is slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, cover and let rest for 5 minutes for lasagna to set.
- Serve with extra Parmigiano cheese and dried chilies.