Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 3 acorn squash, halved and seeds reserved
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves, patted dry
- 10 oz Italpasta Artisan Penne Rigate, (approx. 3 cups dry)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 6 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 12 slices, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Brush acorn squash with 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil. Sprinkle with garlic and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border. Reserve squash shells; set aside. Mash squash pulp until smooth.
- Heat remaining oil in small skillet set over medium heat; cook sage leaves for 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy. Strain and reserve oil; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) cooking liquid. Toss together pasta, reserved cooking liquid, mashed squash, lemon zest, and remaining salt and pepper. Toss with Parmesan and walnuts.
- Divide pasta mixture among reserved squash bowls. Top with dollop of ricotta and crispy sage leaves. Brush reserved sage oil over baguette toasts; serve with pasta.