Sausage and Pepper Total Elbow Casserole
Casseroles are a delicious and economical way to feed the family. This recipe combines turkey sausage, peppers and Total Elbows for a flavourful dinner perfect for weeknight meals.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 4 cup Italpasta Total Elbows
- 1 tsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can Italpasta Italian Tomatoes
- 4 Italian sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 Yellow Pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/5 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook for 7 minutes or until browned. Stir in the yellow pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Stir in diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning; simmer for 5 minutes. Toss with cooked elbows. Stir 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese into the skillet.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over skillet and transfer under the broiler. Broil for 3 minutes or until golden. Carefully, remove skillet from under broiler and garnish with parsley before serving.