Scoobi Do with Tuna and Artichokes
Pantry ingredients, such as tuna, artichokes and capers are the base for this pasta that both kids and adults will love.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1/2 package Italpasta Tradizionale Scoobi Do
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can tuna in olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (or canned cherry tomatoes), halved
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (or basil purée in a tube), torn
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or leftover white wine)
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (or dill purée in a tube), chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest (or 1 tsp / 5ml dried sumac)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cup baby arugula (or 1/2 cup / 125 ml frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooking liquid (if using frozen spinach, add to pasta for last 2 minutes of cooking time).
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine tuna, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, basil, oil, lemon juice, capers, dill, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Toss sauce with pasta and reserved cooking liquid until well combined. Stir in arugula, if using. Serve immediately.