Seared Ahi Tuna on Peanut Capellini
An Asian twist made with Italpasta Tradizionale Capellini. Your friends would never expect you to master this savoury sweet peanut sauce; not to mention, learn to perfectly sear ahi tuna! This dish will definitely impress.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1/2 lb Italpasta Tradizionale Capellini
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 6 ounce fresh ahi tuna
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- salt and pepper
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over high heat. Season the tuna with salt and pepper and coat in sesame seeds. Add tuna to the hot skillet and sear for 3 minutes until golden, turn and continue to sear for another 3 minutes. Remove from the skillet and let tuna rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut tuna into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a small microwave safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds or until peanut butter is softened. Whisk until smooth.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 2 minutes. Drain and rinse pasta under cold water for 30 seconds. Toss cooked pasta with the peanut sauce, carrots, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide peanut noodles between plates and top with sliced ahi tuna. Garnish with the chopped green onions.