Sheet Pan Gemelli Breakfast Hash
This sheet pan pasta breakfast hash is a delicious way to use up your holiday leftovers. Versatile and quick to prepare, this recipe calls for roast ham and Brussel sprouts but can be easily substituted with turkey or chicken and any leftover vegetable like green beans, squash or even zucchini.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 450 g Italpasta Artisan Gemelli
- 4 tbsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced, white and green parts only
- 1 1/2 cup Brussel sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 lb cooked roasted ham, diced
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for seasong
- 1/2 tsp pepper, freshly ground, plus more for seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 large eggs
- dried chillies or hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a 13 x 17 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook gemelli as per package instructions and drain. Toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in Brussel sprouts and cook until soften and golden crisp, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in sliced red peppers and cook until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in ham and cook for 1-2 minutes until warm through.
- Stir in cherry tomatoes and continue cooking until tomatoes have softened and released some of their juice.
- Stir in pasta and season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Spread pasta mixture evenly on baking sheet and sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
- Using back of large spoon, create 4 indentations in pasta mixture, each about 3 inches in diameter. Gently crack 1 egg into each indentation.
- Place in preheated oven for 5-6 minutes or until desired doneness of eggs.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper and garnish with dried chilies if using.