Shrimp and spring vegetables are a great way to welcome warmer weather to Canada.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1/2 pkg Italpasta Tradizionale Spaghettini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup vegetable broth (sodium-reduced)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup fresh or frozen asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen yellow or green beans, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook garlic and leek for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in broth and thyme; bring to boil.
- Stir in asparagus, beans, peas, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, pasta, reserved cooking liquid, butter, dill and lemon zest; cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until shrimp is opaque and heated through.